The University occupies an area of about 115 acres. The Main building of the University was constructed in 1864 in the Gothic style. From time to time a number of buildings came up around the main building which is being used for various purposes.

The University has separate buildings for each Department, a well-equipped library, study rooms, student's hostels, mess, gymkhana, a recreational centre and residential quarters for staff. Besides, it has a well-furnished convocation hall, examination hall, two museums and common rooms for ladies. Complementary ramps with railings are installed in all the buildings for comfortable access to differently-abled visitors.

The University has provided well-equipped archaeological laboratories, museums and the computer assisted language laboratory. This has not only helped in carrying out fundamental research but has created a conducive physical ambience for the faculty. The University has boys' hostels accommodating 54 males and a girls' hostel accommodating 45 female students with all the basic facilities. The University has maintained two playgrounds for the benefit of students.