Powers and Functions : Antiragging
The procedure for handling issues of ragging will be as follows:
- To uphold and comply with the directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court and be vigilant on nay acts amounting to ragging;
- To publicize to all students and prevalent directives and the actions that can be taken against those indulging in ragging;
- To consider the complaints received from the students and conduct enquiry and submit report to the Anti- Ragging Committee along with punishment recommended for the offenders;
- Oversee the procedure of obtaining undertaking from the students in accordance with the provisions;
- Conduct workshops against ragging menace and orient the students;
- To provide students the information pertaining to contact address and telephone numbers of the person(s) identified to receive complaints/distress calls;
- To offer services of counselling and create awareness to the students;
- To take all necessary measures for prevention of Ragging inside the Campus/ Hostels.
- The information on ragging can be received in the following manner :
- Through the notified contact details of the Committee members, and national help-line number on ragging for necessary relief in terms of the provisions of the UGC Regulations.
- Through any other member of the Institute.
- From any external source.
- In the event of receipt of information of ragging by any of the officers mentioned at (i) above, he/she will promptly alert/inform the Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute or any of its members. The activity shall be completed, at the most, within two hour of receipt of this information.
- The Anti-Ragging Commitee of the Institute shall promptly conduct a preliminary on the spot enquiry and collect details of the incident as available prima facie. The preliminary investigation/details of the incident shall be immediately brought to the notice of the Chairman of the Institute. The activity shall be completed, at the most, within twenty hours of receipt of information.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute shall promptly conduct enquiry into the incident as per provisions laid down in Clause 6.3(e) of the UGC Regulations.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute shall complete the enquiry and submit its report along with recommendations to the Chairman of the Anti-Ragging Committee of the Institute within fifteen days of the incident.
- Thereafter, the said report and recommendations shall be considered by the Anti- Ragging Committee for deciding the punishment on the erring students in terms of provisions contained at Clause 9.1 of the UGC Regulations.